#ThreadReports no.1 - Wide leg trousers

03:44

We can all agree that today's fashion is ever changing, at a very rapid pace and new-ish trends are popping up everywhere. A large number of these trends are actually retro fashion which has been revamped to suit the modern era. So I've decided to create this segment where I talk about current trends which might just be popping up, or those which seem to have stuck around for good because it's so hard to keep up with so many.

One can say that modern fashion is continuously moving towards the clean cut, minimalistic and chic aesthetic, and today I am going to talk about one of my favourite trends and proof of such style: the wide leg trousers.




Trend report: Wide leg trousers




These are all from Polyvore, which is an extremely handy website when you are searching for a specific item since it has a large selection.

Some of you are probably thinking; "But this trend can only be slayed by tall/thin people". My response to that is "LIES!!" I genuinely believe that this trend suits a major part of the spectrum of sizes. I am quite a short person and happen to own a culotte jumpsuit (which is a shorter version of these trousers). It is my go-to piece because it suits me. Wide leg trousers work for shorties because it creates this long column-like picture on your legs making you appear taller and slimmer. Taller gals who wish to rock this look will definitely find out how much these trousers are able to accentuate your legs. Those who are plus sized shouldn't worry either because these babies are able to create a slender silhouette. Making sure you have the right fit and material is key.

What I love most about these trousers is their versatility. Taking the above examples, the first three are on the more formal side where one can wear them to a formal occasion, date nights or weddings (bonus points if it's a morning wedding). A bodycon top paired with court shoes and a simple clutch is the way to finish the look while keeping the trousers as the statement piece. On the other hand the last one can be worn casually, seen above with sneakers. This is definitely a great way to look effortless and chic while being dressed down.

Those were my thoughts on this trend and I hope I'll update more on this segment because it was so fun to make. Let me hear your thoughts on this trend and remember: People will perceive what you project. If you project confidence, it will radiate through anything you wear. Tata xx

-Sarah




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts