#ThreadReports no.2 - The Bardot Trend

09:11

Hey guys! I'm back with another #ThreadReports, this time with a personal favourite; the bardot. This trend is not new, but as I said in the last post most of these trends are just revamped retro style which were popular during your mum's days. This year the bardot has boomed, showing no signs of slowing down and has been seen on runways and in nearly every clothing store I've been to.

"The Bardot" by sarahcas on Polyvore featuring Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Jane Norman, River Island, Gianvito Rossi and Converse:





I took it upon myself to gather a number of pieces that can give you an idea of what to buy and how to style them, again with the trusty mine called Polyvore. (it's really great, check it out.)

Luckily this trend has been adapted to create pieces both for dressing up or down, which is a great way to give you the chance to rock this trend for every occasion. As seen in these examples this trend comes in various styles, starting from tops to dresses to additional frills and wrap-overs. The first two dresses are an example of taking on this trend from day to night. As seen above, I decided to pair both dresses with a rather trendy shoe, the mules. Tan is a great base colour for summer, it compliments many colours and always looks sleek, which is why I picked that for both dresses.

Next I found a casual turn on this trend; a floral bardot crop top. I found this top to be quite simple to style so I added a pair of converse and high waisted denim shorts and BAM! (you're welcome). It's an easy summer look to pull off that can double as a back-to-school! The next two items are my favourite picks cause frills, duh. I've actually been seeing this spin on the bardot neckline and I have to say it's getting to me. These tops, with those colours are right up my alley and it's something you could definitely wear to a fancy dinner date, or a girls night out on the weekend. Paired with a barely there heels, they can really create a minimalistic sleek look.

The last dress is a monochrome number, that I think is always a staple look. Therefore, to add the summer flare, I paired it with baby pink mules - which are super cute, btw - and to take it to an evening look, just add a simple clutch.

So that's about it on this #ThreadReports, I had so much fun putting this together. I would love to know what other trends you'd like to see, so leave a comment below and I'll see you in the next one. Tata xx

- Sarah

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I have been obsessed with the bardot top trend! I really like all of your picks but I think that floral one is my favourite :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, this trend is so cute! I think my fave was definitely the pink frill top. :)

      Sarah | The Thread Diaries

      Delete
    2. I know right, this trend is so cute! I think my fave was definitely the pink frill top. :)

      Sarah | The Thread Diaries

      Delete
  2. I really love this style! That pink top because it has the choker and the striped dress are probably my favourites. I only don't like if you raise your arms and the top comes up over your shoulders! haha
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you really checked my blog! The pink top is also my favourite haha. Love your work xx

      Sarah | The Thread Diaries

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I love the Bardot style neckline so much, it's so romantic! Sadly I have an athletic shape, my shoulders are broader than the rest of my body, so they are not so flattering on me; halternecks are probably best for me haha xD the floral top is so pretty, it reminds me of Giselle's dress in Enchanted! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts